CMC OM - Hiking
CMC leads about 200 group hikes per year, maintains a database of over 900 hikes in our area, and has an education program for both hikers and hike leaders. The Hiking Committee is responsible for:
- Assembling a hike schedule each quarter – including all scheduled hikes, backpacks, and Camporees (CMC’s camping weekend).
- Publishing the schedule in both Let’s Go, the Club’s quarterly newsletter, and on the Club website.
- Facilitating hikes on the CMC Meetup website page and ensuring Hike Leaders meet the criteria established by CMC Hiking Committee.
- Collecting and retaining hike sign-up sheets (http://www.carolinamtnclub.org/hiking/CMC-Hike-Sign-up-Sheet.pdf) for all official CMC hikes, or this may be found on the Club’s member site, by clicking on Hiking, then using the drop down under Hike Menu.
- Maintaining and upgrading the Hikes Database on our website,
- Maintaining and updating the hiker and hike leader guidelines (link) on the CMC website, including CMC policies on minors, pets, and service animals on hikes.
- Recruiting and training new hike leaders, and
- Organizing an annual Hike Leaders’ Appreciation and Education Dinner.
The Hiking page of the CMC website (http://www.carolinamountainclub.org/index.cfm/do/pages.view/id/5/page/Hiking) contains:
- A home page, which suggests how to start hiking and a disclaimer on safety,
- Current and past hike schedules,
- Hike reports,
- Information for hikers and hike leaders, and
The current membership of the Hiking Committee